Sunday, March 30, 2008

The 11th Hour Boy

Went to watch "Ah Long Pte Ltd" or "老师嫁老大" just now with some friends.

Not sure how long or when it was released.

It's a comedy la and I kinda like it

Go and watch it, certainly was RM8 worth spent to me^^.

<3 Fann Wong <3 hoho

___________________________________________________

My last post was "The Last 7 Days" and now I can talk on my last 14 days le haha.

Like normal I think

Wake up early to eat noodle with family

In campus since morning

Home only in the evening

Night time I have the computer to accompany me

When it's about time, I go to bed lo.

No-lifer, no? haha

And oh, actually the last week was tuition free week so there wasn't any class. Didn't do anything particularly special but I think it's a timely break for me. Just rushed to finish an assignment right before free week. Kinda stressful bah.

Hmm, to sum it all up, a rather uninspiring period for me..

___________________________________________________

Like i said, i rushed to finish an assignment right before free week.

This is something not new to me, I admit that i have the element of last minute-ness and laziness rooted in me.

The latest one, we had 3 weeks to finish a tender document. It was about a week before the deadline when I noticed the submission date and I was like "Oh?"

Ever since in primary school, I'd already see some signs of this really bad habit.

I remember one particular work, it was PS (art) when we had to build an aeroplane model fixed with dynamo (the plane wont fly wan la -.-) I did it quite last minute and got horrible marks for it.

Hmm, I guess I'd never learnt from it. Because over and over again,


I let me slip myself in a loo

then flush myself down the drain



Yes, one of my lecturers was right in saying "everyone does things last minute as people needs some pressure to do things". But to me, I find that my work ethic is a bit worrying to me.

I'm playing down the significance of this because

Usually the attitude and character we have now

Is what we have in the future


And yes, people can change de. Still, I do believe that there is something in a person that will never change. Never, ever change


What if this LM&L is something in me that I can never erase from myself?


This is what that worries me most.

An engineer is not supposed to be lazy. I'm very sure that I will find a way to complete my course and I'm very sure that I will graduate.

But having a successful career does not rely only on certs


It's the ability to apply the knowledge we have to its fullest,

And, a fantastic character, that matters more.


Fuh, I need a change, i really feel i need a change in my work ethic

I will work on this, because

I want to be someone I can be proud of in the future.



Time for bed lu. Goodnight

Teh

7 comments:

auggieyii said...

YO YO YO !!!!!

jiunming said...

wow...long story...
wo xi huan long long de...
u <3 fann wong la?
blln!!!!!
but ours < is rigid one...no problem de...

PS:this call comment...not "wo xi huan" only...haiz...haha

Jnbl said...

come tasmania i will force u study 24/7

auggieyii said...

Jenabi: u need to continue on ur lame life, work, go to sch and perhaps assignments... how are u going to force some1 to study 24/7????
plus he has to pakto oso.... don kacau la... HAHHAHAHHA~

Martian said...

Ah long Pte Ltd was released in Singapore during the Chinese New year. Jack Neo's trend is there will be no DVDs of the movie until the movie is no longer on cinemas.

Whenever Jack Neo's the director, I think you can safely say the movie's worth a look. Plus, we;ve got the superstar Fann Wong in this one.. Jesus, Christopher Lee is a lucky guy..

yzhuhuong said...

let us all chant this together! "WE HATE PROCRASTINATION!!"

doubt that it will work though =S *shrugs*

ah teh jia you!!

tehteh89 said...

auggie : you this lamer -.-
ming : haha. wo xi huan you jealous LOL
jen : don wan tas haha. and no way i will study 24/7 -.-
cheetheng : yah but at the time, forgot who said the jokes in the movie were really fresh, spot on!
yiizhu : "WE HATE PROCRASTINATION!!" you + u also!